Comfort food at its best ! Can be made for large gatherings or for a party !
By : Crock Pot Girl
4 pounds chicken thighs (boneless / skinless)
1 pack hot or sweet Italian sausage (you can use the large family pack)
2 yellow onions (cut into wedges)
1 large green pepper (or your choice of red,yellow…..) cut into strips
4 large red potatoes, cut into wedges
Baby carrots (about half of bag or less) or you can throw in the 1 pound bag
4 heaping tablespoons Italian seasoning
4 heaping tablespoons garlic powder (or use fresh crushed garlic), if your using fresh garlic, mince ALOT
1 can chicken broth
Sprinkle of black pepper
- Rinse chicken thighs in cold water and place in a very large baking dish……
- Cut up : onions, green pepper, potatoes, and place in baking dish with the baby carrots surrounding the chicken thighs….
- Cut up your Italian sausages in half and place on top of the chicken and the veggies……
- Sprinkle the remaining ingredients: Italian seasoning, garlic powder or fresh crushed garlic, black pepper….
- Pour your can of chicken broth into the baking dish….. You can also use low sodium chicken broth for this recipe…..
- Cover. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour and 45 min…..
- Uncover baking pan and increase oven temperature to 500 degrees….. You’ll be making the sausages nice and crispy and any excess liquid in the baking pan will evaporate.
- Cook at 500 degrees for 20 min……
- Remove from oven and enjoy ! 😋