1 box rotini pasta (16 ounce)
1 (1 lb) Italian Hot Sausage(OR Sweet sausage)
1-1 lb. ground beef
1 package fresh mushrooms (sliced)
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
Fresh minced garlic (about 6 cloves)
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Basil leaves
Sprinkle Black Pepper
1-28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 -can Condensed Tomato Soup
1 – soup can milk
Mozzarella cheese (8 ounce bag), shredded
Salt for boiling pasta
- In a large pot sauté the Italian sausage (remove from casing), ground beef, fresh mushrooms, onion, green pepper, and fresh garlic, breaking up your ground beef and Italian sausages as you cook it……cook until meats are browned and veggies are tender….drain any fat from pot….
- Baked Rotini with Italian Hot Sausage recipe step 1 photo
Add to sautéed meat mixture and veggies the black pepper, Italian seasoning, oregano and basil leaves, stir gently…..Add crushed tomatoes and tomato soup with the soup can of milk, cook on low heat, covered, for 30 minutes……stirring gently…..Meanwhile boil water for your pasta, don’t forget to add a little bit of salt 🧂 to the water !!! Boil until pasta is slightly done, but not completely cooked……Drain pasta, but leave just a small amount of water in the pot, your going to add this yummy pasta water with the pasta to your sauce….. 😋Mix cooked and mostly drained pasta into sausage / ground beef / veggie mixture, mix all well……..
- Pour all into a greased 13×9 inch baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray…..
- Put shredded mozzarella cheese over your pasta sausage mixture….
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted and top is nicely browned……Serve and enjoy 😉!